Automobile safety features have decreased the incidents of catastrophic injuries considerably but have not eliminated them. Furthermore, the cost of medical care has skyrocketed, thereby making medical bills an even greater burden for serious car crash victims. Catastrophic injury claims require special handling because of the extraordinary lifelong costs and the unique evidentiary challenges.
Hirsch & Lyon Accident Law P.L.L.C. solely handles personal injury claims and has substantial experience in cases involving all types of catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Compound fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Loss of sight
- Third-degree burns
Our lawyers and staff understand the challenges you face after a catastrophic injury and do all we can to help you through this difficult time.
Giving You the Support You Need
We have built a vast network of doctors, therapists, physical therapists and vocational rehabilitation professionals to assist us with proving the extent and nature of your injuries. We also consult with economists who provide us with accurate estimates for future earning losses resulting from your disability.
We recognize that waiting until the resolution of a case to pay your bills is not always feasible, so we work with you to identify sources of temporary income and disability benefits. We also negotiate with doctors and hospitals to accept delayed payments until after your case has settled and to reduce your total bills so you receive more of the settlement amount.
Calculating Lifetime Costs
The financial consequences of a catastrophic injury can be devastating. Without just compensation, many families would lose their savings as well as the wage-earning capacity of the injured person. Often, the victim needs lifelong support and medical care and the family needs funds to cover those lifetime costs.
Our law firm considers the full range of damages you are entitled to. We think far into the future to make sure you have access to the vital care and services you need to improve your chances of recovery and your quality of life.
Depending on your injuries, we might consider these factors when calculating damages:
- Urgent medical care in the immediate aftermath of your trauma
- Lifetime costs of receiving future medical care for your injuries and potential complications
- Income that accounts for your diminished earning capacity
- Loss of your loved one’s income so she or he can care for you
- Professional home aid and nursing services
- Equipment and tools that help you live with your disability
- Home improvements for accommodation of the disability
- Mobility aids, such as wheelchairs and railing, for paralysis or amputation injuries
- Special communication equipment that accommodates hearing or sight impairment
- Pain, suffering and loss of your enjoyment of life
Receive Experienced Representation After a Catastrophic Auto Accident
Receive just compensation for your catastrophic injuries resulting from a car accident. The legal team at Hirsch & Lyon Accident Law is available immediately to review your case and discuss your right to compensation. Your case evaluation is free. Call our law firm at 928-716-1331.